Sunday, November 30, 2008

Diamonds, my opinion on

I don't particularly like diamonds. I don't usually tell people this, because I know a lot of people who wear diamonds and every one I've seen is beautiful and perfect for the wearer, and I don't want to foist my own tastes on anyone else. But I would never wear one. I have some moral issues with them, but also, I just don't really care for the way they look. I like rocks that absorb some light, rather than refract it all. I like amethysts, and opals, and sapphires, crystals with pretty colors and interesting stories about them. The word amethyst actually comes from the Greek meaning "not drunk" because they thought it would protect you against drunkenness if you wore it or had it embedded in your cups.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that! I'll have to get one of those stones that protect me from drunkenness! Would that be my own or other peoples? Heather