Thursday, November 13, 2008

Solid food

So after 2 days of tomato soup, yogurt and applesauce, today I ate solid food! Yay! I had leftover raviolis for lunch, which I cut up into teeny tiny pieces. After an hour I wasn't finished them yet, but I called it a good effort. My stomach was a bit weirded out that I was suddenly asking so much of it, but it was nice to eat more than 90 calories at once.

My mouth feels ok, it was a bit sore after all that chewing but feels better now. I'm ok as long as I don't talk too much at once or chew very much.

Also, ice cream is a bad idea. It seems like a good idea, and it was even on the list of recommended foods, but it is not. The retainer in the roof of my mouth changes size ever-so-slightly with temperature. With warm foods it's fine, it just presses more securely against where the graft came from, but with cold ice cream it got a bit loose and moved around a bit and that was bad.

Aside from needing a nap, I'm doing well though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to hear that you're back to solid foods again! Nothing like being able to eat!! Heather