Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yay Thanksgiving!

We had a very nice Thanksgiving at the home of some of Boyfriend's friends from his internships. I made sweet potato fries, brown rice casserole, apple pie, and a cranberry tart. Everything was very well received, Boyfriend really liked the cranberry tart, which was nice because it was an experiment and I thought I might have burnt it a bit :)

His friends Kara and John have a really pretty house a bit south of here, and love to entertain and show off all the pretty dishes they got as wedding presents. They made a very moist turkey, awesome mashed potatoes, salad, rolls and cheesecake, and another friend provided stuffing, asparagus and pumpkin pie. I love Thanksgiving dinners like that, among friends who each bring something different. It'd be better with family of course, but since we're going up for so long over Christmas we just don't have time over Thanksgiving.

Also, poor Boyfriend had to go to work at 7 pm, and the woman who provided the stuffing was working that day until 4 pm, so we kind of had to squeeze dinner in when we could.

Kara has been doing archery for fun, she's participated in some competitions and is really getting good. She showed us her set-up, she had a very modern looking metal bow and target arrows, with about a dozen little bits of leather that you wear in various places to protect yourself. Boyfriend shot off 6 arrows and hit the target 5 times, though he was shooting left-handed when he's used to right. I shot off 4 before my arms got too tired, and I managed to hit my arm with the bow string on one shot and give myself a gigantic bruise there. I got used to a tradition of propelling pointy things at targets on Thanksgiving at my Uncle's, so it was nice to uphold the tradition :)

No comments: